More paint, more airbrushing. The procedures are pretty much rote now, but I guess that helps with me showing how a few simple steps can lead to some really nice models. We start with the Ogre:
1) Basecoat. I used the same basecoat for both the skin as well as the club. Saves one step.
2) Highlights. One colour for the skin, another for the club. I also airbrush the belly of the Ogre a third colour but I didn’t keep a photo of that till I started with…
3) The details. Only 4 main colour swatches, to save mixing and painting work; cloth (bandages and loincloth), teeth/spikes, metal, eyes. Each one had about 1-2 highlights and shadows each.
The dragon was surprisingly easy, I think because I didn’t have to worry about metals, or clothes on it. Because of that, I ended up spending a bit more time doing the striations on the wings and for the flames and the like. Here are some WIP shots…
And here are the finished models.
Thats all the SDE I feel like doing this week, so I’ll return to Warmachine and Hordes (or maybe even 40k) for a bit. I need to avoid some burnout during my free time.