Whether you’ve just caught The Wolverine, been inspired by the incomprehensible Bane or caught a whiff of the vigilante dream in Mark Millar and John Romita Jr.’s Kick-Ass (the comic or the movie), then you probably would’ve been inspired to pull on a pair of tights to take down the injustice we see on the street – people listening to music on buses with the loudspeaker on, or pregnant ladies not being given a seat by a teenage couple in school uniform frenching away. AHEM.
Whether it’s Hello Kitty or Despicable Me queues, if you want to fight for justice, the question is: “What Will Be Your Superhero Name?”
Thanks to the wonderful people at United International Pictures (Singapore), if you have the answer, then we have two pairs of tickets to catch the sneak preview of Kick-Ass 2 up for grabs just for you! Read on to find out more:
Winning is pretty simple: Come up with your very own superhero name (or even a supervillain name!) by August 12, and we’ll pick TWO of the entries we like best! There’s no need to go all shock-jock like The Mother F%&*^r, but whatever’s creative, funny or just plain kick-ass will stand a great chance to win a pair of tickets to the Kick-Ass 2 Superhero Showdown Screening on Aug 20, 7pm at GV Grand, Great World City, together with a free popcorn combo.
But that’s not all you can win – come dressed up as a superhero or supervillain and the top two “Best Dressed” will win S$100, while the rest of us can win “exciting prices”. No word on what they are, but if you do come as Hentai Kamen you probably stand a shot at winning something (respect?). At any rate, that costume will look real good when you get your picture taken at the Kick-Ass 2 photo booth.
So! Get your skulls cracking and mail direcow-at-herebegeeks-dot-com your best entry, and don’t forget to include your mailing address so that we can send you your swanky-looking invite (which you’ll use to trade for tickets and SWAG). The email subject shall be: “Kick-Ass 2 Contest” in case for some reason your entry makes me think you’re trying to sell me Nigerian ponies.
Also, WIN ALL THE PRIZES! The same contest is also being run by several geeky Facebook pages and websites and nothing should stop you from trying your luck EVERYWHERE. Be a good superhuman detective and figure out on your own where else you can enter this contest! (Here’s a few letters to get you started: RDD/STGCC/MM/PCO/GC)
More rules and regulations and stuff (because being a vigilante is full of rules):
- HereBeGeeks will be choosing the winner of the contest – and we have the final say! That’s right, Mother F%&*^r!
- The two winners and their +1 have to be at least 18 years of age – the movie’s rated M18 (because violence and coarse language – it figures), so we’re sorry to have to reject you if you’re not 18. Sure, you could lie about your age, but then you’ll be stopped at the door by them bouncers, and no costume’s gonna hide your age on your IC.
- You need to email your entries to direcow-at-herebegeeks-dot-com, with the subject “Kick-Ass 2 Contest”. You could leave them in the comments but then someone’s going to steal your idea and email us instead.
- Valid entries must include a Singapore postal address.
- If you don’t provide your address in your entry, we can’t mail the invite cards to you, so … we’d invite our friends!
- You do not talk about Fight Club.
- And if you’re feeling nice, follow us on Twitter and Facebook!
- Closing date: Aug 12 2013, 2359hrs. So you have the whole of the long Hari Raya/National Day weekend to think of it!
- YOU DO NOT. TALK. ABOUT. FIGHT CLUB.
That’s it! Happy vigilante-ing!