This Christmas season can’t come soon enough: Sony has revealed new details for the upcoming PlayStstion 5, including just how great it looks. Take a gander at the video reveal above. To match the reveal, Sony also showed off a slew of upcoming new games, many of which will be PlayStation 5 console exclusives. You can check out the list and some trailers below.
The upcoming PS5 will come in a sleek two-tone design, a marked departure from previous PlayStation consoles. You’ll be able to get two flavours of the console – one with an Ultra HD Blu-Ray disc drive, and one purely for those who prefer to game with digital downloads. Also check out the close-up look of the DualSense Wireless Controller for the PS5.
On top of the design, Sony Interactive Entertainment also announced a slate of new PS5 accessories, including:
- PULSE 3D wireless headset – offering 3D audio support and dual noise-cancelling microphones;
- HD Camera – featuring dual 1080p lenses for casting;
- Media Remote – a remote control with built-in microphone to navigate movies and streaming services; and
- DualSense Charging Station – for charging two DualSense Wireless Controllers
SIE will announce pricing and additional details for PlayStation 5 at a later date.
A Whole Bevy Of Games
The epic Grand Theft Auto series will be coming to PS5, thanks to the close partnership between SIE and Rockstar Games. Enhanced and expanded versions of Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online will launch on PS5 in the second half of 2021.
GTAV & GTA Online will take full advantage of the PS5 hardware and its new features, making the game more beautiful and more responsive than ever. In addition, a new standalone version of Grand Theft Auto Online will also be made available, with access to all PS5 owners for free within the first three months of the title launching. Once the entitlement is claimed, the game is theirs to keep, and with a PlayStation Plus membership, PS5 owners will be able to play GTA Online as much as they want. Finally, starting today, all GTAV PS4 owners will get GTA$1,000,000 every month until the PS5 version of the game launches in 2021.
Additionally, SIE Worldwide Studios and other publishers and developers unveiled a lineup of PS5 titles, including the long-awaited sequel to Horizon Zero Dawn (our review) and Marvel’s Spider-Man (our review).
PS5 Games from SIE Worldwide Studios and second-party partners
- Astro’s Playroom (Japan Studio)
- Demon’s Souls (Bluepoint Games / Japan Studio)
- Destruction All Stars (Lucid Games / XDEV)
- Gran Turismo 7 (Polyphony Digital)
- Horizon The Forbidden West (Guerrilla Games)
- Marvel’s Spider-Man Miles Morales (Insomniac Games)
- Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart (Insomniac Games)
- Returnal (Housemarque / XDEV)
- Sackboy A Big Adventure (Sumo Digital / XDEV)
PS5 Games from third-party publishers and developers
- Bugsnax (Young Horses)
- DEATHLOOP (Bethesda)
- Ghostwire™: Tokyo (Bethesda)
- Godfall™ (Gearbox Publishing / Counterplay Games)
- Goodbye Volcano High (KO-OP)
- Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online (Rockstar Games)
- HITMAN 3 (IO Interactive)
- JETT : The Far Shore® (Superbrothers)
- Kena: Bridge of the Spirits (Ember Lab)
- Little Devil Inside (Neostream Interactive)
- NBA 2K21 (2K, Visual Concepts)
- Oddworld Soulstorm™ (Oddworld Inhabitants™)
- Pragmata (Capcom)
- Project Athia* (Square Enix/Luminous Productions)
- Resident Evil™ VILLAGE (Capcom)
- Solar Ash (Annapurna Interactive / Heart Machine)
- Stray (Annapurna / Blue Twelve Studio)
- Tribes of Midgard (Gearbox Publishing / Norsfell)
- The Pathless (Annapurna Interactive / Giant Squid)
“With PlayStation 5, we are making a significant leap to deliver a truly new generation of transformative play experiences that will redefine expectations for what games can be,” said Jim Ryan, President and CEO of Sony Interactive Entertainment.
“Worlds will be richer and more beautiful, they’ll captivate your senses in ways you didn’t think possible, and you’ll be able to experience them much more seamlessly, with lightning fast loading.,” he added. “Today’s showcase is just a glimpse of what’s to come in the next generation, and we want to thank our community for taking this journey to PS5’s launch with us.”
We can’t wait!