UPDATE: Sony Interactive Entertainment Singapore has confirmed that the PlayStation 5 will launch on Nov 19 in Singapore. The PS5 Digital Edition will be available for a recommended retail price of S$599, and PS5 with an Ultra HD Blu-ray disc drive will be available at S$729.
Pre-orders start tomorrow, Sep 18. You can pre-order online from 11am, while offline pre-orders start depending on store operation hours.
|Retailer||Pre-Order Retailer URL|
|3||Toy or Game||https://toyorgame.com.sg/collections/playstation-5|
Games from SIE Worldwide Studios will be priced at launch from S$67.90 to S$97.90.
Original story below …
The long-awaited Sony PlayStation 5 will launch Nov 12 in seven key markets: the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, Japan and South Korea, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) has announced. The global rollout will continue on November 19 with launches throughout the rest of the world, including Europe, Middle East, South America, Asia and South Africa.
It is not confirmed if Singapore is part of the Nov 19 launch window. The Singapore price for the PS5 also has not yet been announced, but the console has been priced at US$499 for the PS5 with Ultra HD Blu-ray disc drive, and US $399 for the PS5 Digital Edition.
The former price matches the US launch price of the Xbox Series X, which maybe implies that the PlayStation 5 will launch in Singapore at the same price as the Xbox Series X – S$699.99.
We can’t compare the pricing for the PS5 Digital Edition and the Xbox Series S directly, as the PS5 Digital Edition is the same as the Ultra HD Blu-ray disc drive version, just sans drive; the Xbox Series S is more of a budget-friendly console with less power.
As previously announced by Sony, both PS5 models use the same custom processor with integrated CPU and GPU for high-fidelity graphics up to 4K, as well as the same ultra-high speed SSD with integrated I/O that for extremely fast loading loading. Both PS5 models also have the same DualSense wireless controller and 3D audio capabilities, so players will enjoy the same gameplay experiences regardless of which PS5 they choose.
“Since we first announced our next generation console last year, we have received astounding support from developers and gaming fans all around the world, and it’s truly humbling,” said Jim Ryan, president and CEO of Sony Interactive Entertainment. “Now we are just a couple of months away from launching PS5, which will offer a new generation of experiences that go beyond players’ expectations of how games can look, feel, sound, and play. We can’t wait for our fans to experience for themselves the incredible speed, the heightened immersion and the breathtaking games on PS5 when we launch this November.”
GAMES GAMES GAMES
Sony also announce a whole slew of new games coming to the PS5, including:
- Devil May Cry 5™ Special Edition (Capcom)
- Final Fantasy XVI (Square Enix)
- Five Nights at Freddy’s Security Breach (Steel Wool Studios and ScottGames)
- Hogwarts Legacy (Warner Bros. Games)
- A new God of War title (Santa Monica Studio)
Exclusive titles from SIE Worldwide Studios will be priced from US$49.99 to US$69.99 at launch on the PlayStation 5. Here are the Launch Day games from SIE Worldwide Studios for the PS5:
- Astro’s Playroom (Japan Studio) – pre-installed on PS5
- Demon’s Souls (Bluepoint Games / Japan Studio) – US$69.99
- Destruction AllStars (Lucid Games / XDEV) – US$69.99
- Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales (Insomniac Games) – US$49.99
- Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales Ultimate Edition (Insomniac Games) – US$69.99
- Sackboy A Big Adventure (Sumo Digital / XDEV) – US$59.99
Sony also announced the price for the following accessories that will launch alongside the PS5 console:
- DualSense Wireless Controller (standalone) – US$69.99
- PULSE 3Dwireless headset – with 3D audio support and dual noise-cancelling microphones – US$99.99
- HD Camera – with dual 1080p lenses – US$59.99
- Media Remote – US$29.99
- DualSense Charging Station – to charge two DualSense Wireless Controllers – US$29.99
Time to save up those dollars if you have not started!