At their annual E3 briefing, Xbox showed off a new console – the powerful Xbox One X – and a whole lot of new game trailers. Here’s a collection. It’s long.
Xbox One and Windows 10 Exclusive
- Crackdown 3 starring Terry Crews! Now it is immediately awesome forever. The trailer shows off the campaign mode – so less destructible buildings, but lots of stuff still explodes.
- Cuphead. Years and years after it was first announced (E3 2014), Cuphead is finally coming. It still looks amazing, but hopefully people aren’t jaded from waiting so long.
- Forza Motorsports 7 just looks amazing. I mean, they’re oftentimes already indiscernible from real life, but these racing games really keep getting better. This launches in Oct 2017, even before the Xbox One X, but you might wanna wait for true 4k 60fps performance.
- Ori and the Will of the Wisps. The original was a lovely, but tough, platformer. Now comes the sequel!
- Sea Of Thieves. This will be an Xbox-exclusive pirate MMO of sorts, made by Rare, developers of Perfect Dark and Banjo-Kazooie.
- State Of Decay 2. Zombie survival with permadeath.
- Super Lucky’s Tale. Launching together with the Xbox One X, Super Lucky’s Tale … is quite the odd beast, but it’s clear Xbox is trying to release more of this sort of games, especially without the Kinect.
Console Launch Exclusive
- The Artful Escape of Francis Vendetti. I can’t really describe this one, so here goes Press Release Man: “It is a video game about great expectations, famous folk singers, lingering shadows, space gods, hallucinogens, individuality, reptile shops and wild imaginations. It’s an action, adventure, exploration, narrative-driven, musical-laser-light-battle kind of game.” OK.
- Ashen: A dark action role-playing game – dark as in there is no sun. Loving the vibe.
- Black Desert. This is that world-famous RPG known for its graphics.
- The Darwin Project. Another surival game, this time in the extreme environment of the Rockies. You hunt people. Something something Battle Royale.
- Deep Rock Galactic. A co-op FPS to dig into huge caverns and make it out alive. Not quite Dwarf Fortress, but looks fun.
- The Last Night. 2-D cyberpunk platformer. Looks lovely.
- PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds. Another famous PC game, now coming to console.
- Tacoma. The Gone Home guys are back, and are going even weirder.
- Anthem. THAT famous Bioware game. A shared-world action RPG featuring Freelancers and their powerful exosuits, the Javelin.
- Assassin’s Creed Origins. Assassin’s hit ancient Egypt. Meanwhile I continue to hide bodies into one giant cart full of hay. Will be better than the movie.
- Code Vein. “Journey to the ends of hell to unlock your past”. Sounds fun!
- Dragon Ball FighterZ. Arc System Works and here to deliver an amazing 2-D fighting experience. It looks really good.
- Life Is Strange: Before The Storm. The prequel to one of the best games of 2015.
- Metro Exodus returns us to the Metro universe. Bigger than ever!
- Middle-Earth: Shadow Of War. Well the trailer was already out, so Xbox showed off some gameplay.
- Minecraft (unification, better together update, super duper graphics pack). Yep.